1. How to Steal a Million (1966)
Best museum heist movie of all time!
2. Topkapi (1964)
I’ve been to the museum and seen the dagger! I didn’t steal it though.
I’ve been to Brooklyn Museum many times and they don’t show precious gems, but this is an amazing movie. So good!!!
4. The Thomas Crown Affair (1997)
Rene Russo caused a splash by appearing nude as a woman over 40 years old. She looked fantastic. This shouldn’t be a surprise, nor should it have been “scandalous.”
5. The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Hot. Hot. Hot! (Hot.)
6. The Score (2001)
8. F is for Fake (1973)
Watch the WHOLE thing on YouTube!!! Orson Welles!!!
9. Conformist (1970) — Musee D’Orsay when it was a train station
10. DaVinci Code (2006)
Starring: Hanksy Panksy
I guess you’ve got to include it. Not utterly horrible.
11. Once a Thief (1965) Not sure if there’s really a museum in this. Gotta watch it. Looks great.
Bonus Material!!! Online Clips and mini movies, etc.
There’s actually an old Doctor Who episode at the Louvre!
Other movies which feature museums prominently:
L.A. Story with Steve Martin (LACMA) HIGHLY Recommended.
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (Art Institute of Chicago) Duh. Awesome.
Woody Allen, multiple films (Mostly at the Met I think.) Can someone list ’em in comments? I’ll mail you a prize!